|The world is a world like any other, a world like ours. With one exception – or it may not even be an exception because black and white make gray, y’know? This world has things – evil things. Things like demons, things like zombies, things like Hell. … And the accompanying hand baskets, with pretty pink bows and shiny silver tassels.
So welcome to Crescent City. If this is your first time here, you might want a brochure. If it isn’t, you might be begging for a shotgun instead. Thing is, it used to be normal hereabouts. Normal kids, normal parents, normal school. Hundred year old theatre where they played normal re-runs of eighties scream films on nights so late all the kids shoulda been sleeping, but when you can defy parental authority for some lost sleep and a fiver, who wouldn’t?
Crescent City’s a sleepy, lazy little town on the beautiful coast of Northern California, ‘bout twenty miles from the Oregon border, ‘bout fifty miles from anything you could pass as ‘civilized’. It’s the perfect place to escape from the rat race, everybody knows everybody, a real ‘it takes a village’ kind of shindig. Got a population of 4006, until you include the local Pelican Bay State Prison, which bumps it up to about 8700. And ain’t that quaint, because dollars to donuts they don’t mention on that fancy little brochure you’ve got clutched now in your hands that the inmates outnumber the quiet, law-abiding locals.
So it’s sort of like Suburban Utopia. And it was, man, it really was, until a few months back. Things started happening in this sleepy, lazy little town. Animal mutilations (we’re talking cows ripped clean open from stem to stern, we’re talking deer with their little fawn heads twisted right around until they looked like nothing you’ve ever imagined before), crop failure (you ever bite into an orange that’s ran right through with mold? Ever split open a pumpkin and realize that it has maggots instead of seeds?) and a sharp decline in the local bird population. But these things are the least of your worries, man, the least of all your worries. Don’t be scared, I’ll ease you right into it, ease you right in the middle of everything until you’ll find yourself believing it’s normal to live like this, normal to sleep with a knife under your pillow, normal to run, normal to hide. Normal to clutch someone in your arms as they … well, I said I’d ease you in.
Some people are leaving. Some have already left. Could be anything, they said. Animal desecration could mean cult. Could mean prison break. Could mean the good-goddamn, honest-to-angels end of the world. Hell, could mean anything.
There’s a storm coming. What’ll you do when you find you’re in the middle of it? Come on, man, it’s sink or swim, Survivor without the safety nets, Russian roulette with every barrel loaded. There’s a storm coming and you’re smack in the middle of it and you’re going to find out the hard way who you really are.
Welcome to your own personal four years of hell. No take-backs, no turnarounds, you’re stuck here now, man, and all you’ve got to do is survive.
Hey, that almost sounds easy.
|RULES FOR SURVIVAL|
|1. NO DRAMA. Srsly, our FIRST fucking interest? Is ‘a-distinct-lack-of-drama’ for a reason. You got a problem with someone? The mods want to hear about it first or not at all. No backbiting. No slander. No drawing lines in the sand. Grow up and deal with it, this is only THEORETICALLY high-school; outside of our characters that shit does not fly. |
2. While we fully expect angst to come up in-game, please for the love of all things, leave the ‘OMG MY MOMMIE AND DADDIE RAEPED AND BEAT ME AND MY BROTHER HAETS ME AND I RAN AWAY FROM HOME AND GOT ADDICTED TO DRUGS AND RAPED SOME MORE AND OH NOW I’M CLEAN BUT LIVING IN A GUTTER AND CRAWLINNGGGGGG IN MY SKIINNNNNNNNN’ at the door. We will mock you. Mercilessly.
3. Now, not everyone can spell/speak perfect English. Hell, for a lot of people English is a second language. But we do ask that you at least run things through a spellchecker first. And absolutely NO chat speak (save for personal journals/comments, where it may be acceptable on a character to character basis to be judged on audition). (Also: SHIFT RAPE IS A-OK –s.)
4. While canon in most cases will have to be altered to fit the setting, try your best to stay true to your character’s history and in-character. This may mean that not all characters will WORK in this game, plainly stated. But on that note, try your best. WE WANT TO BE SURPRISED, SHOCKED, AND AWED.
5. One post every two weeks minimum. It’s not too hard, I mean… ZOMBIES tend to make for good writing fodder.
6. There will be stuff in this community that will be a bit explicit for younger players. By applying, you are agreeing that you are either of age, or have permission to take part in this and release the mods of all liability.
7. While this is a horror setting, this is FIRST AND FOREMOST a CRACK game. This game has a milkshake! IT BRINGS ALL THE CRACK TO THE YARD. ENJOY IT. LIVE IT. LOVE IT.
8. Please, fucking PLEASE put all porn behind a friends-lock. We don't want the Crusaders for Innocence coming after us.
AIM: Sandcest Is Love
Journal: cabintwelve or policing